Love Pets? Join Our Family!
We are always on the lookout for mature, high-energy, dedicated part time dog walkers and pet sitters to join our team. Experience with pets is a plus, but we are willing to train the right candidate, as long as you love pets! If hired, you will be protected under our liability insurance and workers compensation policies. We also provide paid-for on-going training and education in pet care. The work schedule offers flexibility, however in return, we ask that you take this job seriously.
We look to hire individuals who can work ALL or SOME of the following shifts.
Dog walkers: Monday-Friday for afternoon hours (11 am – 2 pm).
Pet sitters who are available for occasional pet sitting jobs the following shifts:
M-F mornings (7:30 am – 9:30 am) and evenings (7:30 pm – 9:30 pm).
Saturday and Sunday 3 shifts: (7:30 am – 9:30 am) (12 pm – 4 pm) (7:30 pm – 9:30 pm).
Overnight jobs (“sleepovers” from 10 pm-7 am) are also occasionally requested.
Punctuality is extremely important in this line of work. You must be able to self-manage your day and get to appointments within a specified window of time. Communication is also very important; please demonstrate in a cover letter your ability to write clearly, creatively and correctly.
Great opportunity for stay-at-home moms with children in school, retired individuals, local college students with flexible schedules or online college students, or individuals with night jobs looking for supplemental income.
- You can follow instructions, are reliable and self-motivated.
- You live within 5-10 miles of the Parsippany, NJ area
- You own a reliable vehicle. Dog-friendly cars preferred in case of need to transport a dog.
- You own a smartphone with internet access available. You will be responsible for downloading an app which will be used to communicate with clients after each visit as well as a time-clock app.
- You love both dogs and cats and can walk/jog up to a few miles each day.
- You have some experience working with pets or owning a dog and/or cat.
- You feel comfortable walking both big and small dogs (all breeds, no exceptions) as well as dogs with special needs.
- You love all the weather in NJ! Snow, rain, sweltering heat…
- This is not seasonal work. The dogs need us year-round! If you are an out of state college student looking for holiday work only, please do not apply.
- You are not doing this for the money! You are doing it because you love animals and want experience working with them or you need a fun way to pass the time!
- You are available to work some or all of the days/hours listed above.
- You can pass a criminal/background check and provide a couple references.
- You may be asked to submit to drug testing.
Please fill out our application HERE to be considered.
Cover letters and resumes may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Ready To Free Up Your Time?
© 2021 Canine Concierge LLC | All rights reserved. Trademarks and Brands are the property of their respective owners.